Hey Beleaguered Talkies!
For our Christmas edition, we’re calling on you to record a season’s greeting, of your choice, and send it to us. We’ll take all of those greetings, Roger will use his editing magic to make them sound amazing, and you’ll have something to listen to while you recover from the madness of the holidays!
Here’s how to do it.
1) record your greeting. You can grab a free recording app for your phone or desktop. Not sure what to say? Check out the suggestions below.
2) If you’re feeling frisky, throw in a “bumper” (like Johannes, but you!) for the NTL (see below for suggestions, or make up your own)
3) email the file to email@example.com
4) have an eggnog. Or not. Many people think eggnog is gross. Whiskey instead?
5) Enjoy your message on the NTL along with hundreds (wow! someone’s feeling optimistic!) of others.
Suggestions for messages
If you’re not confident in your announcer ability, or not sure what to say, follow one of these ideas! (sweet, just like madlibs!)
1) “Hi this is __________________, and I want to wish _____________________ a Happy holiday/Merry Christmas/Happy Hannukah/etc.
2) ____________________ here, wanted to share my favorite Christmas memory______________________________________________.
3) Hey guys, this is ____________________ from _________________________ and I remember the best toy I got for Christmas when I was a kid. IT was a ______________________________ and I nearly shot my _______________ off.
4) Hey Talkies! __________________________ here, sharing the best of the season with you.
Some possible bumpers you can record to be on the NTL on the regular!
“National Talky League:” (and then, choose one below or make up your own)
NTL: America’s Most Trusted Source For News
NTL: I’m Loving It
NTL: Podcasting into the future
NTL: Are you ready to get Rogered?
NTL: The best game you can name
NTL: Broadcasting to the home counties
NTL: So sexy it hurts
NTL: You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave
NTL: A hero will fall
NTL: Shocking the Monkey 24/7
NTL: We fell in to a burning ring of fire
NTL: All donairs, all the time
NTL: Good evening Tel Aviv, we’re listening
NTL: Worth every Penny
NTL: Always after your Lucky Charms